Sunday, May 29, 2011

Style Inspiration: Taylor Swift

As anyone who loves fashion knows, sources of style inspiration are endless.  One of my new favorites is Miss Taylor Swift.  She's surprised me by making a name for herself as a fashion icon as well as a talented singer.  I love how urban her style is; in my mind, she's redefining the limits of country-star fashion.  I found a slideshow that has some of her best street-style moments; some of my personal favorites are below. 
A chunky-knit beanie has become one of her signature pieces.  You know when you see someone with such fabulous style that they make you want an item you've never thought to buy before?  Well, now I want a beanie.

I love the nautical vibe of this look.  Plus, I always favor swingy miniskirts.

The sunny beanie, the chic coat, the high-heeled Oxfords - this look is all-around perfect.

This outfit is a great lesson in how to wear an oversized knit without looking schlumpy.

Another darling ruffled, swishy skirt.  This outfit has an updated-schoolgirl look to it that I love.  It's just posh and perfect.

Bombshell.  Enough said.

T-Swift can pull off monochromatic, which is tough in my opinion but looks awesome if you get it right.  It would work even without the cute splash of red - need I point out that there's that beanie again?
Source for all photos:
http://wonderwall.msn.com/#!wallState=0__%2Fmusic%2Fstreet-style-taylor-swift-12585.gallery%3FphotoId%3D52710

No comments:

Post a Comment