Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Trends: Looking Before Leaping + "New" Discovery

Happy Wednesday, everyone!

Even though my personal style is trendy and quirky, I can be very hesitant about trying a particular funky trend.  Specifically, two trends I've bucked thus far but am finding myself falling for are rompers and moccasin booties.  I've always thought rompers can be really cute if you pull them off right, but I've avoided them thus far because I figured they were a fast-fading fad, because after all, you can't spell "trend" without "e-n-d".  While it remains to be seen how long they'll be in, they haven't gone away yet, and I'm now tempted.  I know, I know - I'm late to the game.  I'm just glad that the current issue of InStyle, which is my favorite magazine, featured the long-pants version of rompers in its regular "The Look" section.  I prefer the short ones, and they would look so cute with fall pieces like tights, boyfriend cardigans, flats, and knit hats.  Specifically, I think this Urban Outfitters one is cute:
I'll keep you updated on whether I cave and buy one.

Moving on: I know moccasin boots have been in for a while, and I did not like them at first.  But since taking up residence in Boulder, my style has adapted slightly to the free-spirited environment.  Not to mention I'm always on the lookout for pieces that are cute yet comfy, since I walk everywhere on campus.  I'm still not a fan of knee-high moccasin boots, but I'm starting to really like the ankle versions.  They'd be great to transition into winter with wool socks, since it hardly ever snows here.  I think my color of choice would be either tan or taupe:

I just might have to get a pair of these.  Updates to follow.

Finally, I've found a "new" fashion blog I love.  A few years ago, one of my mom's coworkers brought me a copy of an issue of T, which is the New York Times's style magazine.  I loved it because of its high-end, mysterious, and almost aloof air, but I sort of forgot about it until a few days ago when I stumbled across T's blog.  It's a great all-encompassing style blog that's really inspiring.  Check it at http://www.nytimes.com/pages/t-magazine/.

Until next time, happy blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment